Sunday 4 March 2007

Chiropractors ...

As a tall human being I am prone to the occasional back problem. It would seem I have a slight weakness in my lower back on the left side. For anyone who's ever had a painful back and been unable to move freely you'll know how frustrating it is. You just keep thinking you must be able get up and walk around, but your back keeps telling you otherwise.

I did initially seek help from my GP but apart from advising rest, pain killers, and some home spun thoughts on sitting at work, they didn't seem able to conquer the problem. I decided to try a chiropractor in town and hey presto, instant mobility.

It's obvious that different treatments work for different people, and while physiotherapy works for some, a chiropractor or osteopath is the first choice for others. I just wish GP's would be a bit more willing to refer patients to these alternative remedies.

Q: How many chiropractors does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: Just one, but it will take six visits.

No comments: