Sunday 18 February 2007

Mountaineers ...

Today I had every intention of launching The Jester upon an unsuspecting world. It wasn't going to be anything spectacular. Just me uploading some pages to the web site, setting a price, and sitting back with a cup of tea and a digestive.

As I'm rapidly discovering in this extraordinary world of internet marketing, things don't always go to plan. I'm struggling with web scripts and I still haven't finally set up all my email forms and responses. I feel about as far away from launching as I did a month ago.

However, all is not lost. Another few days and it will be ready. Then it's just the simple matter of letting the internet world know it's there, and therein lies another slice of hard graft. It's tough, it's fun, it's extraordinary, it's rewarding, all in equal measure.

So, where to find our lightbulb changer(s) today. Ah, yes, this will do nicely.

Q: How many mountaineers does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: Four. Two to wait at base camp while the other two climb the ladder with one eventually reaching the summit to remove the bulb and replace it with a flag.

No comments: